14 Jul 2024, Sunday

 14 Jul 2024, Sunday

Prioritized Daily Task 

Note:  "In a coming day, only those men who have taken their priesthood seriously by diligently seeking to be taught by the Lord Himself, will be able to bless, guide, protect, strengthen, and heal others. Only a man who has paid the price for priesthood power will be able to bring miracles to those he loves and keep his marriage and family safe, now and throughout eternity." 'The Price of Priesthood Power', President Russell M. Nelson

Note: (letter from a father to his child) How are you? I just had to send a note to tell you how much I care about you. I saw you yesterday as you were talking with your friends. I waited all day hoping you would want to talk with me too. I gave you a sunset to close your day and a cool breeze to rest you -- and I waited. You never came. It hurt me -- but I still love you because I am your father.

I saw you sleeping last night and longed to touch your brow so I spilled moonlight upon your face. Again I waited, wanting to rush down so we could talk. I have so many gifts for you! You awoke and rushed off to school. My tears were in the rain.

If you would only listen to me! I love you! I try to tell you in blue skies and in the quiet green grass. I whisper it in leaves on the trees and breathe it in colors of flowers, shout it to you in mountain streams, give the birds love songs to sing. I clothe you with warm sunshine and perfume the air with nature scents. My love for you is deeper than the ocean, and bigger than the biggest need in your heart!

If you only knew how much I want to help you.  I want you to meet your brother.  He went to help you too.  My son is that way you know.  Just call me, ask me, talk with me.

Please, please, don't forget me.  I have so much to share with you.  I won't hassle you any further.  You are free to call me.  It is up to you,  I will wait -- because I love you.

Your Father

I got a good night's sleep, had prayer, got ready for church, and had prayer with Debbie before leaving to go sit the chairs up for sacrament in the chapel overflow, sit chairs up for priesthood and primary before coming back home to pick Debbie up for church today in Lehi 7th Ward.  Wilson Yates, the Bishop's son, just returned from Tahiti, French Polynesia mission.  I made some notes; he had some spiritual experiences similar to mine.  In President Russell M. Nelson's talk at April 2023, General Conference, Peacemakers Needed, he said, “If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy that we can say about another person—whether to his face or behind her back—that should be our standard of communication."  He talked about Alma 5:14, "Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?"  Johnny Barnes, Stake Highcouncilman was the concluding speaker.  He talked about Don Yates when they were boys.  Don could not walk so he sat on the pitcher's mound and threw the ball.  Johnny was the catcher and said, even with his baseball glove Don threw the ball so hard it stung his hand.  I had never seen Don and when the sacrament meeting was over he was leaving in his motorized chair.  I caught him as he was pulling inside a van his daughter was driving.  He is a humble modest man.  I enjoyed meeting and talking to him.  After my priesthood meeting was over and Debbie was out of Relief Society we came home.  Debbie cooked brunch.  I got a letter from Earlton Youngblood while I was gone with the names, phone numbers, and addresses of all of his children.  I called him on the phone and got the names of each of their spouses.  Debbie and I worked on our calendars for the next two months.  For us to be at Alex and Carter's wedding in August we called David and Marsha Knutsen to see if we could switch weeks with them.  They told us they have been called to serve in the North Dekoda Mission.  They enter the mission home on Aug. 12th and will not be available to cover for us on Sunday, Aug 18th.  I tried to call Brother Darrell Harmon the stake high councilman who has the memory center assignment, 801-680-7573, I left him a voice message and sent him a text.  Jared came by with Porter, Tate, and Max to borrow one of our propane tanks for their ward trip and camp at the lake.  I called Alex and talked to her about her wedding.  Everything is coming together for her; the details she shared with me, she is very special.  I told her about my feelings regarding her request Friday to give her a blessing.   We did not have an opportunity because she and her mother were running late to catch a flight to Utah to get her wedding dress.  I told her the person who should be giving you a blessing is your father.  I suggested she ask him for a father's blessing before she leaves to start her own family with Carter.  Debbie and I had prayer together before going to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

29 Jan 2024, Monday

6 Jan 2024, Saturday

7 Jan 2024, Sunday