29 Aug 2024, Thursday

 29 Aug 2024, Thursday

Prioritized Daily Task 

Debbie helping Jody clean Shelby's apartment

Gavin and I dive up to the cabin to put blue masking tape on the places that need attention and we met with Jose and 2 of his crew

Note:  Embrace the situation you find yourself in; grow where you are planted. by Neil A. Maxwell, President of the Seventy

"I apologize now. I apologize because of the terrible mess the planet is in. But it has always been a mess. There have never been any “Good Old Days,” there have just been days. And as I say to my grandchildren, “Don’t look at me. I just got here myself.” Slaughterhouse-Five, Kurt Vonnegut Jr.  Can we make a difference for good in the days we have been given?


There are indeed golden years for those people who are humble and confident and have found genuine joy founded on solid things in the sunset of their lives.  For them, it is the prelude of a new sunrise.  "The Golden Years", Instructor - September 1962, p. 321

"Silence is the element in which great things fashion themselves together" is attributed to Thomas Carlyle, (1795-1881) a Scottish historian

The human mind can only focus on one idea at a time, you block out present worries when you touch the happiness of the past. "The Day at The Beach" by Arthur Gordon 

“When he came back to the table, Mother smiled. 'The circus keeps coming back, you know,' [she said.] “'I know,' said Father. 'But childhood doesn't'” [Arthur Gordon, A Touch of Wonder (1974), 77–78].

Debbie and I had prayer, read some, and studied scriptures.  Jody left and went jogging with Laura, her sister.  I sent Alex, Carter, and Gavin an email and text about climbing to the top of Mt. Timpanogos next Tuesday, Sep. 3rd.  Gavin responded he was ready and will go.  Alex texed me and said she and Carter will not be getting back to Utah until 6:00 pm on Tuesday, Sep. 3rd.  We drove up to the cabin an marked with blue masking tape the places that needs Josa and his crew's attention.  Later Matthew called Josa and he came with two members of his team.  Gavin and I showed him a couple of cedar boards that need to be replaced over the garage on the west side of the cabin.  We also showed him the railings that need replacing and the post that needs more calling.  The same, around the windows and doors caulking is needed.  Afterwards, I took Gavin to Dairy King and we had a late lunch.  I drove back home, called, and talked to Debbie.  When Gavin and I got home the washer had been pushed back in place.  I emailed Gavin a copy of My First Years on Earth, personal history.  I started reading 7 Tipping Points that Saved the World, by Chris and Ted Stewart and studied scriptures.  Debbie and Jody got home; Laura Gourley and her daughter, Allison, brought a bed and some other things over in George's pick-up truck and stored them in the garage for Shelby and Libby. Debbie cooked a nice dinner for all of us, Gavin, Jody, me, and Debbie.  Gavin pitched in and washed the dishes, pots, and pans.  Gavin went up to the cabin and spent the night so he could be at Swiss Days in Midway early in the morning.  We studied scriptures and had prayer before going to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

29 Jan 2024, Monday

6 Jan 2024, Saturday

7 Jan 2024, Sunday