29 Sep 2024, Sunday

 29 Sep 2024, Sunday

Prioritized Daily Task

8:00 AM - Set up chairs at the ward building

9:00 AM - Sacrament Meeting Lehi 7th Ward

10:15 AM - Debbie picks up Brett Hobbs at SLC Airport and drives to Shelly

Matthew has breakfast with Beth and Jeff

Debbie and I had prayer together; I went to the church at 8 AM and started setting up chairs for the 5th Sunday meeting.  There are 3 meetings today; the men and women, the youth, and the primary children.  After we finished I went home at 8:45 AM.  Matthew took me back to church and met Beth and Jeff for breakfast.  Debbie and I set together during sacrament meeting.  She left before it was over to go and pick up Brett Hobbs, Rae Lynn's husband at the SLC Airport, and drove up to Shelly Idaho.  Winn Christian, Brett's grandfather's funeral is tomorrow.  They went to a view of the body and met family and friends this evening.  I attended the joint Priesthood and Relief Society meeting.  There were different teachers and subjects taught.  One was on ministering.  The instructor passed out notes of paper and pencils.   We were asked to write down why we as individuals are not more diligent in ministering.  We were not to share our thoughts but to consider them.  I wrote, "lazy, weak, don't love enough".  The next instructor taught from John 21:17 says, "He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep".  The family I had in mind was Jane and Mark Haws and their son, Nathan.  I sent them a text and when I looked at the roll that was being passed around, I saw Mark and Jane.  After church services, I talked to them. I need to be more diligent in caring for them.  I went with Matthew this afternoon to Thanksgiving Point.  He is playing golf tomorrow and wanted to hit a bucket of balls at the driving range.  I sat on the golf cart and waited on him.  When we got home we had dinner and Matthew watched a movie on TV while I read some in Seven Miracles That Saved America.  Debbie is staying at Karlene's and Brett took the Outback and is staying at a hotel.  Matthew and I had prayer together and later I had prayer with Debbie before reading and going to bed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

29 Jan 2024, Monday

6 Jan 2024, Saturday

7 Jan 2024, Sunday